Rajeev Chandrasekhar's Letter to Ratan Tata

In the aftermath of the 2G Scam and Radiagate, Rajeev Chandrasekhar (Rajya Sabha MP) and Ratan Tata (Chairman, Tata Group) exchange heated letters in the public domain.

Letter 3: Rajeev Chandrasekhar to Ratan Tata, 9 December 2010

Dear Mr. Tata

I welcome your joining this debate. It is an important one and needs to be settled in full public view. Unfortunately, your response is a typical one that ducks the main issues and instead attempts to shoot the messenger!

I am only disappointed, but no longer surprised, that in sharp contrast to my efforts to go out of the way to keep this debate relating to facts and policy discussions – your letter is intensely personal, attributes feeble motives (including amusing Political ones) and most unbecoming of the House of Tatas. I can only think that this is a lapse in good judgment. I particularly find your self-appointed defence of the Prime Minister and Government very irrelevant.

Nevertheless, I promise to keep my response dignified and steadfastly refuse to fall to your level of personal attacks.
On facts, your letter is not just exceptionally weak, but in fact, refuses to engage on the issues that I had raised – the yawning gap between what you say in public and what your companies do. While those remain unanswered, I will certainly reply shortly with my response. I promise to rebut your allegations, claims and innuendo – chapter and verse in the public domain.

Best regards,
Rajeev Chandrasekhar
Member of Parliament
New Delhi
09 December, 2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greek, French Elections Sound Death Knell for Austerity

Home Ministry’s Population Register Worse than Prisoner Identification

Open letter to Kim Jong-un urging a new era in North Korea